Department Announces the New SOON ObGyn Network
Our Department is excited to end the year on an announcement which we are sure will positively impact all of us as we enter 2020 and hopefully for many years to come.
As you all know Drs. Lisa Allen and Jon Barrett, the newly appointed Vice-Chairs of Quality and Patient Safety, have begun extensive conversations with our faculty members. These conversations are providing input as to where and how we should move forward. There will be many more opportunities for faculty to provide advice and guidance on future QuIPS direction. The full results of their deliberations will be made known to all at a launch, which will be announced in the new year.
As a sneak preview of what you can expect, we thought we would highlight some of these aspects in this end-of-year letter to whet your appetite.
- The new QuIPS Executive Committee to be appointed will likely be skill-based and report directly to the University Executive and Chair.
- The existing Southern Ontario Obstetric Network (SOON), already successful over the last four years in the establishment of common protocols, quality initiatives and even CIHR grants, will now incorporate gynaecology in 2020.
- This new Network will become a “Community of Practice”, which will be inclusive of all sites and formed from volunteer members of each hospital as appropriate quality designates. Divisional representation will be ensured.
- The year of 2020 will be University of Toronto's “Year of Quality”, during which we will unveil modified, quality dashboards inclusive of gynaecology, as well as several specific intervention projects, many of which will lead Canada in improving the quality and safety of patient care in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- The next University of Toronto CME day in QuIPS will cap off the year in the beginning of 2021.
Our first newsletter will arrive in January along with details of our launch event. We are looking forward to meeting you all there as we work together in the new SOON-ObGyn (Southern Ontario Network of Obstetrics and Gynaecology)!
Don't want to miss a post? Follow us on social media for more news!
If you would like to be a guest blogger, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.